I am often left clueless at what to give the children during this Christmas season, maybe because of the sheer number of children and young adults (YA), that you have to give out gift to during the Holidays, I feel so overwhelmed at what to get them, what do kids “dig” these days? Short of going the easy route (giving them cash in shiny envelopes). I decided to look into some of the more interesting items at the Mind Museum.
1. How about a date in an artsy but science-themed gallery, or stargazing in cozy couches in a custom-made planetarium? Surprise your loved ones and the young ones with ! With over 250 hands-on, minds-on exhibits and live experiment demonstrations that unveil the remarkable science behind living and non-living things, a date or two in The Mind Museum is definitely a unique and exciting way to spend time together this Yuletide season. (The Mind Museum tickets all day passes is sold for only Php750/php)
2. Do you know that you can literally leave your mark in The Mind Museum by naming one of their ? You can leave your names or your loved ones’ on digital exhibits found in the different galleries in the Museum, through a fixed donation that come with e-certificates. Imagine the delight of seeing your family’s name imprinted on the virtual stars that make up a constellation, or name a specific kind of dinosaur that inhabits a virtual era in history. What’s more heart-warming is that all proceeds for this program go to supporting the institutions’ project of giving free museum visits to public school kids.
(Virtual exhibits’ price ranges from Php1,000 to Php5,000, depending on your choice of show. For more information, visit http://exhibits.themindmuseum.org.)
3. A year-round, all-day admission to the first world-class science museum in the country—how does that sound? Interactive exhibits, a thoughtfully designed planetarium, meticulously laid-out 3D shows, and exciting science demonstrations await your lucky gift recipient. also gives free admission to over 300 worldwide science museums, discounts on travelling exhibition tickets, birthday packages, and purchases inside The Mind Museum Store. And because the institution always interlinks its efforts with expanding the knowledge of today’s generation, this unli-pass directly supports free museum passes for underprivileged kids. (For a group of four or more, avail the Unlimited Science Pass for only Php2,250/pax. Visit https://www.themindmuseum.org/science-alive/63/membership-program for more information)
4. To celebrate the holidays in a different, more meaningful way, why not ? You can even ask your family or friends to join you in spearheading this project to further enrich the sense of wonder of these young ones. Don’t worry, The Mind Museum’s doors are open to plan and accomplish this advocacy of embracing and sharing the true spirit of the season. (To inquire about this project, please send your email to email@example.com
The Mind Museum is a gallery of endless activities and possibilities so, of course, you need to check out their Mind Museum Store!
5. Let your friends “wear their wit” with these that are exclusively available in The Mind Museum Store! These shirts come in different colors and are tastefully designed with vibrant graphics and statements that will truly make science a cool fashion statement of choice this holiday season. (Prices range from Php379.75 to Php499.75)
6. Instead of those tired old notebooks or planners, try giving the young ones (or even your family and friends) these funky and ! They’re, indeed, a safe space for random thoughts, important lists, or mind babbles. Here’s a tip: pair these notebooks with and let its colorful tips become their wand to create their DIY-diary. (Human Anatomy Notebook and Science Alphabet Notebook are sold for only Php379.75, while Puzzle Color Pencils set is sold for only Php649.75.)
7. While these kids are taking baby steps towards their dreams, you can show them the momentary short-cut in seizing the universe, literally, through the ! Projecting 3D stars, planets, and constellations, this amazing contraption also includes 3D glasses for a more mesmerizing virtual representation of what’s above and beyond the world we’re living in. (The Star Planetarium set is sold for only Php2,579.75.)
8. Be a paleontologist and travel back to the era of dinosaurs with the special edition of . Dig for the bones hidden in the gypsum block, assemble them and enjoy your very own miniature dinosaur skeleton replica. Top it off by learning more about the fossils you have just uncovered. (The entire Dino Excavation Kit is sold for Php2,699.75.)
9. Put a little ease and fun in teaching kids using playing cards that are exclusively sold at The Mind Museum store. You can either get a 3-letter learning game deck or go for a game of speed and visual tricks with ! Grab these cards now, be the learning and game master at the same time, and let the enlivening game itself, too, serve as an added gift to these kids! (What’s GNU deck costs Php9,49.75 while the Hyperswipe set costs Php1,349.75.)
10. Teach your young ones the basics of gardening, without having to worry about landscaping your backyard, with these innovative plant miniatures! You can either let them grow the , which grows leaves that be used as a natural substitute for sugar; the that will actually produce sweet mini cantaloupes in less than 2 months; or get really out-of-this-word with the that will even allow them to experiment right in their mini pots! (Sweet leaf and Mini-melons cost Php829.75 each while the Curious George Outer Space Adventure Gardenis sold for Php1,229.75.)
There is something for everyone at the Mind Museum. Be sure to visit them soon with your whole family.
For a more detailed inquiry : The Mind Museum
What do you think would be the perfect gift for your precious kiddies?
Until next time sweeties!