I want to thank my fellow BDJ Bella Marilou of princessmacarons.tumblr.com for this Liebster Blog Award. What an interesting way to get to know fellow bloggers.
Here are some guideline for the Liebster Blog Award:
Thank and link back to the person who nominated you
Answer her questions
Nominate 5 other bloggers
You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Inform them and they must do the same. It would be great to learn more about you guys, so let’s do this!
How long have you been blogging, and what inspired you to start?
I have been blogging since 2011 or roughly 3 years. I been writing all my life so this is nothing different. I was inspired to write a blog after reading some blogs about Anime, Mangas and Jdoramas (Japanese Dramas), I wanted to share my thought about my otakuness hence the blog. joeydragonlady.wordpress.com.
Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
The best advice I can give you is write about what you love, what you are passionate about. Passion will take you places!
What are you biggest blogging achievements?
I feel that when someone comes up to me saying that they recognize me from my blog and they learned something from what I wrote is achievement enough for me.
What kind of camera do you use?
I actually use a Nikon 5100 and my iPhone 4s. I am planning on investing on a smaller less bulky camera so I don’t look like a hunchback when I walk.
What skin type do you have? (dry, oily or combination)
I have uber oily skin, seriously even my eyelids are oily! I was told by a make-up artist that with that I am lucky since my skin type, it keeps me looking baby faced. (I am in my 40s).
What makeup tools do you use in make-up application?
I use 4 brushes. A kabuki brush for my powder foundation, brow brush coz nice brows makes you look neat and clean, a blending brush, and an angled brush for blush. I also use my fingers, these for me are the best tools to put on just the right eyeshadow.
Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
There are several makeup lines that I consider favorites, rather they are they best for me since I tried them myself. Estee Lauder, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and Happy Skin.
Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick, eye shadow) or neutral tones?
I am at an age where I am the most practical. I am attracted to “safe” colors or neutrals. I want to wear colors that won’t shock the trainees at the office, not to mention the other riders of PUVs.
What is your most expensive and least expensive makeup product?
I actually have no idea. I usually get my makeup products via my BDJBox seeing that I am still trying stuff out, some where given as gifts so I have no idea if I have expensive make-up products. My least expensive is the Princess Liquid Eyeliner I bought at Daisio Japan store for 88php coz I just wanted to try it out.
What is your MUST HAVE beauty or fashion item?
Must have beauty item would be a moisturizer. I can’t stress this enough, no matter how young you are you have to start moisturizing. You will thank me later.
For my nominations:
1. Elaine of http://flabsruletheworld.com/
2. Rae of http://scatterbraintures.com/
3. Ana Patricia of http://thepinkblush.wordpress.com/
4. Pat of http://becomingsleek.wordpress.com/
5. Kate of http://lilaccola.com/
1. Why did you start blogging? Has it turned out to be what you expected?
2. What is the story behind your blog name?
3. On any given day, what will we find inside your make-up bag?
4. You will never leave the house without applying this make-up product….
5. What beauty product do you own the most number of?
6. Skin Care or Cosmetics, which to you prefer to try out and why?
7. Who are your favorite Beauty Bloggers? name 3.
8. Name a beauty brand you want to try but never got because it was too pricy.
9. If you could travel the world, where is your first stop and why?
10. Who do you consider your makeup guru and why?
11. Tell me something unusual about yourself.
Thank you Sweeties for sharing a piece of yourselves. I can’t wait to read your answers.
Until next time Sweeties!